Occupations with the largest projected job growth, 2008-18:
- Registered Nurses: Increase of 581,500 jobs.
- Home Health Aides: Increase of 460,900 jobs.
- Customer Service Representatives: Increase of 399,500 jobs.
- Combined Food Preparation and Servers: Increase of 394,300 jobs.
- Personal and Home Care Aides: Increase of 375,800 jobs.
Fastest-growing occupations, 2008-2018:
- Biomedical Engineer: Projected increase of 72 percent.
- Network Systems and Data Connection Analysts: Projected increase of 53 percent.
- Home Health Aides: Projected increase of 50 percent.
- Personal and Home Care Aides: Projected increase of 46 percent.
- Financial Examiner: Projected increase of 41 percent.
Before you go change your major to snag these jobs consider another story by the AP that came our a few weeks ago. They report on a Conference Board study that shows that Americans who are satisfied with their jobs is down to a record low of 45% which is the lowest it has been since the study began in the 80s. Why are there so many unsatisfied people? The number one reported reason is that people don't find their jobs interesting. The Career Center can help you find a career that will interest you. Call us so that some day you can be part of the 45%.