Step 1: sell results instead of your skills!
- Explain the ways that your skills transfer from the past and present jobs instead of just giving your potential employer a list of your skills.
- Then ask yourself before the initial interview "How am i an asset to their company?" so when they possibly ask you the same question you wont hesitate.
2) define yourself well:
- Explain yourself in a concise statement or even in a sentence. For example, tell:
- who you are
- your biggest strength
- the biggest benefit that you bring to the employer
- Also again ask yourself what you can do for this employer that your competitor's can't. When doing so include your skills, experiences, and talent and turn them into a selling position for the employer.
With these few steps added into your interviewing process it will impress your potential employer and possible gain you a new job. Good luck!